Workers Compensation Insurance protects your employees if they are injured.
Workers Compensation Insurance protects your business from the costs associated with workplace illness and injury. This includes medical bills and lost wages (wages an injured employee would have earned had he been able to work during his recovery period).
Workers compensation policies also include something called Employer’s Liability Insurance. This coverage helps pay for legal costs if you must defend yourself in court against an employee’s claim of illness or injury.
Workers compensation policies offer several coverage options, which might include:
- Coverage for employees working in other states beyond your normal range of operations.
- Coverage for certain types of injuries and illnesses for which your state may not mandate coverage.
- Coverage to support the dependents of any employees who suffer a fatal on-the-job injury.
- Percentages of reimbursement for lost wages.
- Various liability limits.