Protect your sweet ride with motorcycle insurance.
Motorcycle insurance provides compensation for harm you cause to people or property in an accident. Known as “bodily injury and property damage liability,” your insurance covers the cost of liability claims and legal fees, up to the limits of your policy. It can also cover the costs associated with damage to your bike.
You can customize your policy to cover the following:
- Full replacement cost of your bike if it is totaled
- Comprehensive coverage. This pays for loss or damage due to causes “other than collision.” This includes weather damage, damage from animals, and, most importantly, motorcycle theft.
- Medical payments, if you require hospitalization or medical care.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage. Coverage when another driver is at fault in an accident and does not have adequate insurance to pay your costs.
- Damage or loss to your gear and upgrades. This can include transport trailers, sidecars, custom exhaust equipment, and safety apparel.
In deciding which coverages to purchase, find a balance between protecting yourself against the risks you face and what you can budget for coverage. The good news is that there are many ways to save on your motorcycle insurance if you are a safe rider with a good driving record.